Is it a fruit or a vegetable? The ripened watermelon is considered a fruit botanically because the way it is grown from a seed and it’s inherit sweetness. It is also argued that it is a vegetable due to the way it is harvested and that all parts of the watermelon, including the rind, are edible.
Nutrients – Watermelon provides vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and potassium.
Watermelons are around 92% water.
By weight it is the most consumed melon in the US.
- Watermelon! (cancerwhattodoorsay.wordpress.com)
- Watermelon and feta salad with roasted pumpkin seeds and balsamic vinegar (nami-nami.blogspot.com)
- Cutting Up a Watermelon the Easy Way (janiceperson.com)
- Watermelon Recipes For Summer (huffingtonpost.com)
- Wonderful, wonderful watermelon (theolivepress.es)
- Happy National Watermelon Day! (nestleusa.wordpress.com)
- 8 Ways to Eat Watermelon (treehugger.com)
- Where Do Seedless Watermelons Come From? (mentalfloss.com)